WOMEX has been in existence since 1994 and is the most important trade fair for world music.
WOMEX stands for “World Music Expo” and is the biggest, most important trade fair for all kinds of world music including ethno, traditional and folk. This annual event is not fixed in any one place. The first WOMEX took place in 1994 in Berlin, and has since been held in other cities such as Bruxels, Marseille, Stockholm, Rotterdam, Newcastle, Seville, Copenhagen, Thessalonica, Budapest or Santiago de Compostela.
Registration WOMEX 2019
23-27 October, Tampere (FI)
This year’s WOMEX edition takes place in Tampere in Finland from 23 to 27 October and invites its visitors once more to trade-fair, showcase festival and conferences.
The online registration is now open.
As a promotional service for the Swiss music professionals, FONDATION SUISA and Pro Helvetia are again offering the Swiss umbrella stand SWISS MUSIC to all Swiss WOMEX delegates. A registration as Swiss co-exhibitor gives you - among other things - the following advantages:
- up to 50 Euros lower registration fees per person
- free surface for posters and promotional material
- free presence on our official stand posters
- free message and information service by our stand staff
- free use of the stand infrastructure (lockable sideboards etc.)