Best Swiss Video Clip
We can no longer imagine everyday culture without the music clip. It is both a means of communication and an independent art form. For this reason, the FONDATION SUISA awards a special nomination prize to each of the five nominees for the “Best Swiss Video Clip” at the Solothurn Film Festival in order to promote the music video art of today. The final - hosting the ceremony for both the audience and the jury award - takes place on the occasion of the m4music festival.
FONDATION SUISA, the Solothurn Film Festival and the pop music festival m4music have sought and found the best music clips 2019.
The 2019 jury's award went to Puts Marie for their clip "Catalan Heat", directed by Simon Krebs.
Too Bad got himself the 2019 audience award for his clip "Mind Invaders", directed by Frederic Siegel, Kilian Vilim and Etienne Mory.
Both awards, presented for the eighth time, are worth CHF 5.000 each.
For further information please refer to the media release (in DOWNLOADS on the right. In German, no English translation).
"Best Swiss Video Clip": 16 nominated music clips
The pop music festival m4music by the Migros Cultural Percentage, the Solothurn Film Festival and FONDATION SUISA are looking for the best Swiss music video 2019.
On Saturday, 26 January 2019 at the Solothurn Film Festival, 16 clips were nominated for the public's choice award being selected by online-voting. Five of the 16 clips have additionally been nominated for the jury's award, with each nomination woth 2.000 francs.
Both the jury and the public's choice award are carrying a prize money of 5.000 francs and are going to be presented to the winners on 16 March 2019 at the m4music festival.
The following five clips have been suggested for the jury's award of "Best Swiss Video Clip 2019" and were therefore given a nomination prize of each 2.000 francs.
- «Catalan Heat» by Puts Marie, director: Simon Krebs
- «Joggeli» by Trampeltier of Love, director: Manuel Schüpfer
- «Mind Invaders» by Too Mad, director: Frederic Siegel, Kilian Vilim, Etienne Mory
- «PTTFLR» by Fabe Gryphin, director: Mei Fa Tan
- «Soft as Ice» by ALL XS, director: Sebastian Vargas
The 16 clips below, selected out of 227 candidatures totally, have been nominated for the public's choise award of "Best Swiss Video Clip 2019":
- the five clips mentioned above
- «Backstage und WC» by Tinguely dä Chnächt, director: Tobias Nölle
- «Down» by Grégoire Poget, director: Grégoire Poget
- «Gloves» by Tompaul, director: Matthias Kappeler
- «Gravedigger’s Chant» by Zeal & Ardor, director: Samuel Morris
- «I’m Not» by Pablo Nouvelle, director: Andrea Schneider
- «Ice Cream Dream» by Ay Wing, director: Alexandra Landtwing
- «Intro» by Zeal & Ardor, director: Samuel Morris
- «L’altro mondo» by Autisti, director: Noé Cauderay
- «Le grand cormoran» by Meimuna, director: Olivier Lovey
- «Muted» by Suicide Salmon, director: Nicolas Büttiker
- «Trouble» by Moes Anthill, director: Riccardo Bernasconi